Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random thoughts on a Tuesday Night

My fifth graders have been working on art essays at school, so I thought I'd make one of my own...

Lest you think we are all work and no play... I did take a break from the project to take Kelby rock climbing. After all, he did earn it by helping with the wiring. This granite outcropping is a fifteen minute mountain bike ride from the house. Caren passes nearby frequently on her morning runs. She has been exploring the area quite a bit... running from Echo Lake to Glenn Alpine or up Mt Tam or deep into Desolation. Someday I will get out with her again...

...here is proof that it actually was me that took Kelby rock climbing. I am actually pretty stoked on all the possibilities that are essentially in our front yard. Caren can run a nine or ten mile loop, all on trail, right out the front door. Zach and kelby have taken their mountain bikes exploring and have come back excited about what the trails they have found... they call them steazy, whatever that means. Bouldering and rock climbing are within walking distance of the house. And come wintertime...

...this will be the view out the front door. For this reason, I am actually looking forward to the snow. Caren, Zach, Alex, and I have spent more than a few days on Angora Peak with our skis. Now, we will be able to make first tracks in the morning without ever getting into a car... and still have the afternoon to work on the house! So even tho I have been accused of being OCD about projects that I have started, you can see that I really am not all work and no play. But for now, while the banging in the house continues...

...the dogs have found what they consider the safest spot. When the nail gun is popping away and the air compressor is humming or the planer is grinding and the miter saw is buzzing Pico and
Theo retreat to their fortress in the bathroom. It is the one room we haven't touched yet... Soon boys, soon the forest will be coming to Dunsinane (a dollar to the first of you to identify that reference).

but someday, someday... Pico has already figured out what this whole project is about. When it is quiet he likes to enjoy the sun on his new front porch. Someday, someday Pico, we will all be doing the same thing... for now tho, next weekend will be once more into the breech, and that should be an hint that goes a long ways towards identifying the Dunsinane reference.

1 comment:

  1. Macbeth... I expect my dollar next time I see you

    ReplyDelete